CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Tuesday, January 22, 2008

A Well-Ordered Family

After I read A Well-Ordered Family, I think I learned just how much emphasis people put on god. I already knew that the puritans were really strict about sex and marriage but this story just shows haw strict they really What I thought was the weirdest thing was that arguing was considered to be evil. The difference between then and today is very big. Back then if someone was to get a divorce they were probably condemned. In present times there are many divorced families. It’s not very uncommon for this kind of thing to happen now. Now women have a lot more rights. Back then the men were the only people with rights, now everyone is treated the same. The people back then were very religious. But people now, not all believe in god. There is a very big population of people who don’t.

1 comments:

carrie said...

Great details in this post. I can definitely tell that you did the reading. I agree with your observations as well.

A few small errors that I can help you correct to earn maximum points (ex. capitalize God and Puritan). As is you earned 27/30 points.